OverviewThe games development company, Good Catch, (part of the Endemol Shine Group) are looking for a talented hands-on Lead Games Artist to work across a portfolio of live games and lead the artwork on new development projects. The Lead Games Artist will be responsible for the overall look of a game, devising the games visual style and directing the production of all visual material throughout a games development.
Your role within Good CatchThe role requires the individual to take responsibility and deliver high quality UI, artwork, graphics and animations while working with specific product teams, under the guidance and support of the production and management team. Other responsibilities include:
- Managing the team of artists and animators across the studio, inspiring them to produce their best work.
- Unifying art style and overall design within a product team.
- Leading and directing the visual style of the game for their product team.
- Responsible for accurate art estimates during the pre-production phase.
- Ensuring that all deliverables are met on time, to high standard and to budget.
- Collaborating closely with a product team including game designers, producers and developers.
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play.
The skills you hold:You’re a very creative person with a passion for games. Your other skills include:
- 4 years of experience in a senior art role for mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Great skills in 2D illustration, animation and user interface design.
- Ability to work in multiple varied art styles and adapt style for the target audience.
- A proven track record of creating appealing characters and environments.
- Excellent skills in the use of Adobe CS package.
- Experience with game engines, in particular Unity 3D.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creating repeatable processes to improve efficiency.
- You must be able to present an extensive portfolio of work.
- A very good eye for detail.
- Calm under pressure with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in a leadership position
- Experience of working in an agile project environment.
Other desirable skills:
- The ability to optimise art and graphics within Unity to help game performance.
- Experience working with established brands and IPs
- Knowledge of ZBrush or Mudbox is advantageous.
- Experience in modelling and texturing environments using Maya / 3DS Max.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, with your name and the job position you are applying for in the subject line.
Why work for Good Catch?
At Good Catch, we believe in a fun, creative and fair work environment where everyone can work to the best of their ability. Our teams are split between valuable, vibrant projects, but we actively encourage communication and collaboration between teams. Need more convincing? Here’s just some of the reasons why working for us is so great…